Revel Productions Director - Annie Revel, CSEP
“The sun’ll come out tomorrow… bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there’ll be sun!
Just thinkin’ about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs, and the sorrow ’til there’s none!”
– From the hit Broadway play “Annie”
Annie Revel, CSEP, is a San Diego native with more than 30 years of experience in the entertainment and event production industry. As founder of Revel Productions, Annie creates a fun, effervescent and synergistic atmosphere that consistently exceeds client expectations.
The trademarked Revel Productions tagline “Taking Fun Seriously™” supports her philosophy that special events are serious business requiring discipline in applying best industry practices to ensure success. At the same time, it is important to keep fun in the mix for both the event management team as well as the guests.
Today, as president of Revel Productions, she remains on the forefront of the latest trends where she continues to develop standards of excellence in the event management industry with other top professionals. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Annie has become an expert in design and production of virtual and hybrid events. Annie has expanded RP to include event analysis and consulting; auction, registration and volunteer management; and training workshops/seminars.
An award-winning entertainer, she has developed expertise both behind the scenes as well as in front of an audience.
- Freelance consulting, management and production of live and virtual events.
- Events Specialist for Girl Scouts San Diego, managing all major council events and fundraisers.
- Production Chair for the Association of Fundraiser’s National Philanthropy Day event.
- Established and managed the Special Events Department for PRA (formerly Patti Roscoe & Associates, Inc.), San Diego’s leading Destination Management Company.
- Co-founded and served as President (1990-93) of the San Diego Chapter of the International Special Events Society (ISES) – now the International Live Event Association (ILEA)
- Featured speaker at industry conventions and associations – San Diego, Las Vegas, Miami Beach and Dallas. Most popular topics: “Taking Fun Seriously™” and “Event Resuscitation”.
- Program Advisor and instructor for event & meeting planning certificate programs – SDSU, USD and UCI – “Building an Event Business”, “Festivals & Expos”, “Effective Networking and Resumes”, “Non-profits and Fundraisers”, “Event Coordination” and “CSEP Online Study Group”
- First recipient of the CSEP (Certified Special Event Professional) in San Diego.
- Received the coveted USD “Educator of the Year Award” for teaching “Best Practices in Event Management”.